- 2 cups (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Stir the ground beef, onion, and pepper into the skillet, breaking up the beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion and pepper are soft (5-8 minutes). Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, cinnamon, and sugar. Simmer until heated thoroughly.
3. Stir in the drained macaroni and combine well. (Alternatively, if your skillet isn’t quite big enough, stir everything together in the pasta pan.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Hamburger goulash with elbow macaroni is ready...enjoy !